Covid 19 Policy
Skydive Wisconsin Dells Covid-19 Policy & Guidelines
Due to the ongoing pandemic associated with Covid-19, we have implemented a few additional safety precautions to keep our guests and staff safe all while still being able to enjoy a skydive!
If you test positive for Covid-19, have been exposed to Covid-19, have been around someone who has been exposed to Covid-19, or feel ill, we will ask that you reschedule your skydive.
We will happily work with you to reschedule your jump. We don’t want to be harsh, but this is for the safety and health of not only our other guests, but also our staff! Seriously, skydiving when you are sick for any reason is no fun! We want you to have the best experience possible and that starts with you not being sick!
Come prepared with face coverings. These must cover both your nose and mouth. Face coverings are required to enter our building. If you do not have a face covering when you arrive you will not be permitted on the property.
Ordinary mask type coverings are prohibited in freefall as a safety precaution! This doesn’t mean you can’t wear appropriate face coverings you have brought while you are in the buildings, or you are just an observer, it just means if you are skydiving we will provide a neck gator free of charge. Ordinary masks just don’t hold up well at 120 mph!
NO FACE COVERING, NO EXCEPTIONS. WE WILL NOT TOLERATE REBUTTAL ON OUR FACE COVERING POLICY. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO WEAR A FACE COVERING, PLEASE DO NOT BOOK A SKYDIVE WITH US DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. WE ARE TRYING TO KEEP PEOPLE SAFE.
Once you arrive at our facility we will be checking your temperature. Those with a temperature of 100.5 or above will be asked to reschedule their skydive. You will also be asked the following questions:
- Have you had a temperature of 100.5 or above at any time over the past week?
- Have you had a sore throat, a cough, difficulty breathing, chills, or loss of taste/smell over the past week?
- Do you have reason to believe you have been exposed to someone with Covid-19?
If guests answer yes to any of the following questions above we will ask them to reschedule their skydive.
Other things to note while on the property:
- Everyone at Skydive Wisconsin Dells must have a face covering in their possession at all times.
- That face covering must be worn in any location where you are within six feet of another person, or there is a high likelihood that you could come within six feet of others.
Face coverings are required in the following areas:
- In the hanger
- In the viewing area
- In the airplane
- In the tandem instruction area
- In the tandem gear up area
We take the health and safety of everyone very seriously therefore we enforce a strict code!
We thank you for understanding and following our rules. We are also implementing safety procedures on our side to keep our guests safe! See the following:
ALL OUR EMPLOYEES ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR FACE COVERINGS, AND ARE HELD TO THE SAME POLICIES AS STATED ABOVE FOR OUR GUESTS. EMPLOYEES WILL BE QUESTIONED, HAVE THEIR TEMPERATURE TAKEN, AND BE HELD TO THE SAME POLICIES REGUARDING FACE COVERINGS EVERY DAY THEY COME IN FOR WORK. IF THEY FAIL ANY OF THE THINGS MENTIONED ABOVE, THEY WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE! LET’S KEEP EVERYONE SAFE!
- All transactions will be made through a barrier system, both sides wearing face coverings. hand sanitizer available on customer and manifest side.
As stated above:
- Manifest will administer a Covid questionnaire (copy at manifest) to determine if the jumper has symptoms.
- Manifest will take touchless forehead temperature of all tandem students registering.
- Manifest will take the temperature of all staff presenting to the office for their first jump of the day.
Boarding and Aircraft Precautions:
- Instructors will provide hand sanitizer to each student
- Pilot safety and responsibilities are as follows:
- Prior to first load and between loads,the pilot shall use Lysol on rags to swab commonly touched areas of the aircraft interior.
- Prior to first load, the pilot will swab the metal on each seat belt, (including pilot seat belts) and clean the bar and the sides of the door.
- The pilot will not permit anyone to enter the aircraft without a face covering.
Precautionary measures in the aircraft:
- The door may be opened at safe altitude to encourage air circulation.
- Instructors and students MUST wear a neck buff pulled up over mouth and nose,
- A cloth, sleeve or other barrier is recommended to fasten seat belts.
- No handshakes, or other unnecessary touching.
- Remain six feet from all persons wherever practical.
- No persons except those directly checking in for a skydive should approach manifest or be inside buildings except open air buildings (E.g Hanger).
- Manifest will operate through a physical barrier for all transactions.
Covid Waivers & Questionnaires:
- Everyone will sign a covid addendum to their waiver
- Everyone will answer a questionnaire regarding their relevant health and potential exposure. (“Yes” responses must leave Skydive Wisconsin Dells and reschedule their jump if necessary.)
Facilities Sanitation Protocols and Sharing Items
Bathrooms will be cleaned before opening and throughout the day with bleach solution. Commonly touched spaces will be swabbed down with a bleach rag, including door handles.
Manifest will avoid sharing computers, (unless wearing gloves or wipe down in between use)
Special solutions need to be diluted to be used specifically for gear to prevent gear damages. These diluted solutions will only be used for that purpose.
The most important requirement is face coverings worn correctly over the nose and mouth.
Enforcement is the responsibility of everyone on the drop zone.
Face covering Consequences:
- First warning to educate.
- Second warning: Individual will be asked to remain in their vehicle until time to skydive.
- Third warning: Individual will not be permitted to skydive, nor receive a refund.
Tandem skydive precautions:
No Bleach or any other product, including hand sanitizer, on or near tandem gear.
Must use full face helmets; wear buffs or other lower face covering when speaking with, and harnessing students, and require students to wear a face covering. On initial interaction with customers, ask them to sanitize their hands.
- All Instructors:
Must sanitize hands prior to, and after each customer interaction.
- Videographers and Students must wear a face covering. (EXCEPTION: face coverings of the student may be removed if filming is at a minimum six-foot distance, then must be put back on after filming is complete.)
Manifest safety and responsibilities:
- Barrier usage:
Gloves must be worn or a paper/cloth rubdown must be done between hands and shared items (such as pens).
- Use hand sanitizer frequently and remind those working around you if this protocol is overlooked. Manifest will periodically remind about face coverings and ,manifest will read the signs about hand washing and risks over the loudspeaker.
After jump protocols:
- Go directly home after jumping without making a stop.
- Launder clothes and wash thoroughly.
Signage and barriers:
- Sign at front gate: No Spectators unless accompanying a tandem student.
- Plexiglass barrier between customers and manifest.
- Various locations will have signs: Coronavirus – skydiving is a contact sport – By skydiving and being at Skydive Wisconsin Dells, you assume the risk of covid-19 infection.
- Treat all body fluids (such as diarrhea, vomit, or blood) like they are infectious.
- Handwashing is the single most important infection control measure.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after touching potentially contaminated body fluids or surfaces.
- Use alcohol-based hand rub (containing at least 60% alcohol) if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your mouth, eyes, and nose with unwashed or gloved hands.
SKYDIVERS ARE REMINDED: Please do not be so focused on coronavirus safety that you overlook skydiving safety.
You are not safe from coronavirus infection here. No amount of care or caution can assure your protection. We have taken reasonable precautions to protect your health but make no guarantees or representations. You must take your own precautions. If you cannot accept that risk, don’t skydive or be at Skydive Wisconsin Dells.
As a condition of being here: you agree you are not ill and have not been knowingly exposed to Covid-19.
Skydive Wisconsin Dells will assiduously attempt to enforce these guidelines and precautions but cannot assure that they are always implemented or properly implemented.
No Amount of Care or Caution by Skydive Wisconsin Dells can assure that you do not become infected by Covid-19 at Skydive Wisconsin Dells.
Do not rely on our precautions.
You are here at your own risk. If you cannot accept that or do not choose to follow our protocols – leave, or do not book a skydive with us!
OUR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- Never sacrifice aircraft and skydiving safety.
- Avoid holding items held by others. Use hand sanitizer after holding items held by others.
- Refuse to interact with people who appear ill and alert management.
- Instructors – refuse to jump with anyone who appears ill and advise management.
- No spectators at Skydive Wisconsin Dells unless accompanying tandem students. Spectators accompanying tandems must wear face coverings at all locations where required.
- Everyone should politely inform spectators (who are not with tandems) not to be here – alert management if they do not leave.
Thank you for following our policies, and taking the time to read through what we are doing to keep you, and others safe! We can’t wait to skydive with you!